We are delighted to have you as a yoga student. The following information will help you get the most out of your Yoga classes, and clarify your instructor’s role. Please read and sign below.
1. Yoga is physical exercise that integrates mind, body and spirit. Yoga is a way of encountering and releasing physical, mental and emotional tensions to arrive at deeper levels of relaxation and awareness.
2. By choosing to participate in any class, workshop or clinic, you voluntarily, knowingly and expressly assume the risk of any injury. The following guidelines may help you to reduce that risk:
• Listen to and follow your instructor carefully
• Breathe smoothly and continuously as you move and stretch
• Do not hold your breath or strain to attain any posture
• Work gently, respecting your body’s abilities and limits
• Do not perform postures or movements that are painful
• Ask your instructor, if you are unsure how to perform any movement
3. Consult your physician before embarking on any exercise program. Inform your instructor of any health condition(s) that may be affected by your practice of yoga. You represent and warrant that you are physically fit, and have no medical condition that would prevent your full participation in any yoga class.
4. It is your responsibility to monitor each activity to determine whether it is appropriate for you to participate. Although your instructor will guide you, you remain solely responsible for your safety and well-being.
5. In consideration for your participation in any class, workshop and/or clinic, and by signing this form, you, your heirs, your assigns and your legal representatives hereby forever release, waive, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless and covenant not to sue Sadhana Yoga, LLC and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, members, managers, instructors and representatives (collectively, “Sadhana Yoga” ) from all injuries, damages, losses, expenses, attorneys’ fees, settlements, liabilities, claims, suits and causes of action which may result therefrom, and which may affect you and/or Sadhana Yoga, LLC.
6. Each instructor reserves the right to refuse participation by any student who behaves in a dangerous, threatening, distressing or disruptive manner with regard to the instructor or any student.
7. If you do not wish to receive physical assistance, it is your responsibility to so inform your instructor.
I have read the above Disclosure and Release Form, and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.